Sunday, September 19, 2010

Bottle-feeding

We have started to train ellie to take a bottle. This is a requirement for getting to day care, plus it is a good idea to let daddy to have more bonding time with the baby (he has been changing her diapers a lot, but I guess feeding is a more positive parenting experience...hehe..) and allow mama some more rest from time to time.

The first bottle feeding was actually last week when I had to go back to work for a few hours.  Little baby was super hungry by the time when daddy had the milk ready so she took the whole 3oz in a few minutes.

This week I have been more serious about having her be comfortable with bottles, and so I started pumping once a day.  Daddy has taken over the midnight feeding for 2 nights already.  It has been a little bit challenging - she would cry for a few minutes until she gave up and started to suck from the bottle. I hope that it'll be easier on her soon.  That will also make daddy's life easier as well.

I have to say that seeing her getting milk from elsewhere (I know it's still my milk) feels totally weird. Kinda like jealous... Some people described it as the feeling of husband cheating on you... not that bad to me. But I do feel bad because I know baby likes to nurse from my breast more.  I too love the nursing time with the baby - the serious look on her face when she is hungry, the very loud gulping noise when she eats, and how she passes out on me when she is full! love it love it... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment